Do You Need a Root Canal?
If you have experienced recent pain or sensitivity in your tooth, along with a few other symptoms, you may be in need of a root canal procedure. This is a routine procedure—very similar to having a cavity filled—that is often found in general or restorative dentistry. Continue reading for a few signs that you may need a root canal procedure near Houston.
- Pain will be one of the main symptoms to signal that you need a root canal procedure. You may experience pain while eating or when applying pressure on or near the affected tooth.
- If you have experienced sensitivity to hot or cold liquids, foods, or even air, then you may need a root canal procedure.
- In the event you feel or see bumps in the gum tissue around the tooth, then you may be at risk for an abscess or pocket of infection. See your dentist of general or restorative dentistry right away.
- Darkening of the tooth can occur because of the level of infection or complications to the tooth’s root.
- If you feel swelling near the tooth and it feels tender, then you may need a root canal procedure.